Services We Offer
Using Campus Facilities
- If you need tools and facilities, such as microphones, laser pens, extension cords and other teaching aids, to facilitate your teaching and activities, you can come over to the Joint-operation Office on the first floor of the Teaching Building and visit Ms. Lin, ext. 1202.
- If you need to use long tables, chairs or other classroom equipment, please contact Miss Lin or Miss Chong, ext. 1202 and 1100.
- If you need a classroom for activities other than teaching, you should fill in the online application form. The address: http://webap.cmu.edu.tw/classmanager/
We also offer postal services. The services include:
- Selling stamps and postcards,
- Accepting and processing registered letters and parcels, and
- Processing postal remittance.
Please be sure to memorize the address of Beigang Campus: No 123-1 Shin-De Road, Peikang, Yun Lin 651, Taiwan, ROC. When you or your relatives address the envelopes and parcels for sending mails to you on Beigang Campus, be sure to specify your name, your departments and cell phone number, and your dormitory phone number.
Parking Spaces Arrangement
As many students own motorbikes and some own cars and the spaces available are quite limited, we use a lottery approach to decide who has which space to park his vehicle. Yet, to apply you need to follow the following steps: picking up a copy of application form from Ms. Lin (ext.1202), or download the application form.
- The maintenance services vary. It can be broken chairs or dead/dim lamps or leaky faucets or toilets in the classrooms or in your dorm. For repair services like those, call at 1202, or 1100.
- If the environment or your surroundings are getting dirtier and intolerable, you can call at 1202 or 1100 for a cleanup appointment.
- If your computer or the classroom computer stops working, you can go to the Information Centre website to fill in the online application form. The campus computer engineer (ext.1205) will soon show up to help you.
Dorm Hot Water Supply
The hot water supply schedule changes following seasons. Here are the normal schedules:
- Regular Hours: from 17:00 to 01:00 the following morning.
- Winter: From 07:00 to 08:00 and 17:00 to 01:00 the following morning.
- The hours may be extended or changed when the unexpected occurs.
As the summer is always hot and humid throughout Taiwan, using air-conditioning is a must in most locations. Yet the hours of keeping it running are subject to some restrictions. In summer, it runs from 11:30 am to 13:30 am and from 17:00 to 08:00 the following morning. In winter, when the temperature of the fifth floor drops below 26 ° C, no air-conditioning is provided.
List of Important Phone Numbers
- Administration Office - (05) 7833039
- Dormitory - (05)7831599
- Office of General Affairs, Beigang Campus (phone): + 886-5-7833039